Ginger-Apricot Tossed Salad
This dish is a nice change from ordinary green salad and is elegant enough for company. The dressing is one of my favorites. Its sweetness complements the crisp greens and crunchy green beans. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
Makes6 servings (3/4 cup salad dressing)
- 1 can (16 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 5 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Process first seven ingredients in a blender until smooth. Fill a 6-qt. stockpot two-thirds full with water and bring to a boil. Add beans; cook, uncovered, until crisp-tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove beans and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry. In a salad bowl, combine salad greens, mango and beans. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with dressing.