Ginger-Apple Pork Chops
A gingersnap-apple filling makes these stuffed pork chops a special weeknight meal.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 12 gingersnaps, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- Cut a pocket in each pork chop. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Cool for 5 minutes. Combine the pie filling and gingersnaps; stuff some of the mixture into the pocket of each chop. Set remaining mixture aside.
- Secure pork with toothpicks. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and apple juice until smooth. Stir in reserved pie filling mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over pork chops.