Ginger-Apple Pork Chops
A gingersnap-apple filling makes these stuffed pork chops a special weeknight meal.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 12 gingersnaps, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- Cut a pocket in each pork chop. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Cool for 5 minutes. Combine the pie filling and gingersnaps; stuff some of the mixture into the pocket of each chop. Set remaining mixture aside.
- Secure pork with toothpicks. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and apple juice until smooth. Stir in reserved pie filling mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 530 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 594mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 44g protein.
Originally published as Stuffed Pork Chops in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005