I love a tangy gimlet when the weather turns steamy—but these bars are just the thing when the craving hits and summer seems too far away. Add more lime zest if you want these a bit tangier. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup gin
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 drop green food coloring, optional
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons gin
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk flour, confectioners' sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto bottom of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, whisk the first seven ingredients and, if desired, food coloring; spread over crust. Bake until filling is set, about 25 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- For glaze, whisk all ingredients until smooth; spread evenly over cooled bars. Let glaze set before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 117 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 22, 2019
WHOA These are AMAZING ..I opted out of the GIN , and just used more lime juice ...my family is begging for them again ! and I'm making a tray to go to the Family Thanksgiving ...THANK YOU , these are going into my permanent recipe book !!