Giant Stuffed Picnic Burger
Guests will be delighted when they sink their teeth into juicy wedges of this full-flavored burger shared by Helen Hudson of Brockville, Ontario. The moist filling is chock-full of mushrooms, onion and parsley. "It's a great alternative to regular burgers," she remarks.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup crushed seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, salt and Worcestershire sauce. Divide in half; pat each half into an 8-in. circle on waxed paper.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over one patty to within 1 in of the edge. Top with second patty; press edges to seal. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-13 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Cut into wedges.
Editor's Note: Stuffed burger may be placed directly on the grill or in a well-greased wire grill basket.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 362 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 710mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips