Giant Stuffed Picnic Burger
Guests will be delighted when they sink their teeth into juicy wedges of this full-flavored burger shared by Helen Hudson of Brockville, Ontario. The moist filling is chock-full of mushrooms, onion and parsley. "It's a great alternative to regular burgers," she remarks.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup crushed seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, salt and Worcestershire sauce. Divide in half; pat each half into an 8-in. circle on waxed paper.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over one patty to within 1 in of the edge. Top with second patty; press edges to seal. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-13 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Cut into wedges.
Editor's Note: Stuffed burger may be placed directly on the grill or in a well-greased wire grill basket.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 362 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 710mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Giant Stuffed Picnic Burger in Quick Cooking July/August 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips