VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup crushed peanut brittle
- In a small bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 3-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten into 3-in. circles with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt peanut butter chips; stir until smooth. Spread over half of each cookie; sprinkle with peanut brittle. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Giant Peanut Brittle Cookies in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p37