Giant Peanut Brittle Cookies
Topped with leftover peanut brittle bits, these giant cookies take star billing on holiday cookie trays—or all year long, guarantees Carolyn Horne from Tigard, Oregon. “Folks can’t get enough of them.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup crushed peanut brittle
- In a small bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 3-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten into 3-in. circles with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt peanut butter chips; stir until smooth. Spread over half of each cookie; sprinkle with peanut brittle.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 178 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Frosted Peanut Butter Brittle Cookies in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.