Giant Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
"I was an inexperienced cook when I married," relates Charlene Turnbull, Wainwright, Alberta. "A good friend, who was a cooking inspiration to me, shared many of her recipes, including this scrumptious dessert. It's handy to pull out of the freezer for unexpected guests."
- 2 packages fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions; stir in chocolate chips. Pour into two greased 9-in. springform pans or two 9-in. round baking pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Freeze for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 3. Spoon ice cream on top of one brownie layer; top with toffee bits and second brownie layer. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze until set. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving.
- 4. For chocolate sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, butter and chocolate chips. Cook until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Cut the ice cream sandwich into wedges; serve with chocolate sauce. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Giant Ice Cream Sandwich
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2013
"Family loved it!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC