Giant Cupcake Pumpkin
Make a smiley statement by decorating a whole tray of cupcakes. Once everyone’s seen the big picture, they can all take a treat. —Gena Lott, Ogden, Utah
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup water
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Orange food coloring
- Reese's Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 26 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pumpkin, water and eggs; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Fill prepared cups two-thirds full.
- Bake 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat frosting and flavoring; tint frosting orange. Arrange cupcakes on a large platter, forming a pumpkin. Spread frosting over cupcakes. Decorate with Reese's Pieces as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake (calculated without candies): 256 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Mini-Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cupcakes in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.