Pac-Man was my favorite video game when I was growing up. For a party, I decided to get creative and shape my go-to sugar cookies into the ghosts from the game. —Jamie S, Regina, Saskatchewan
Featured In: 30 Favorite Halloween Cookies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Orange and blue food coloring, optional
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 60 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat butter, confectioners' sugar and cornstarch until blended. Gradually beat in flour. If desired, divide dough in half; tint one portion orange and the other blue. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. tulip-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 7-9 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, butter and milk; beat until smooth. Pipe eyes onto each ghost; top with chocolate chips. Let stand until set. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Ghost Shortbread Cookies in Halloween Bookazine 2015 2015, p96