Ghost Caramel Pears
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing
- 4 medium ripe Bosc pears
- 4 wooden pop sticks
- 1 package (11 ounces) Kraft caramel bits
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Red and black shoestring licorice, blanched almonds and miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. Wash and thoroughly dry pears; insert a Popsicle stick into the top of each.
- Melt caramels and water in a microwave; stir until smooth. Dip each pear into caramel; turn to coat. Place on prepared pan and let stand until set.
- Melt candy coating and shortening at 50% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 20- to 30-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Dip pears into coating; allow excess to drip off. Decorate faces as desired; return to pan and let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 1056 calories, 45g fat (36g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 172g carbohydrate (154g sugars, 5g fiber), 1g protein.
Oct 13, 2012
I would make again but would have to figure out an easier way to attach items to the set chocolate exterior. I tried doing it with the 2 granddaughters and none of the decorations for nose, mouth, etc would adhere. Would like to hear others opinion or ideas. Finally used a little of melted chocolate on back of licorice, etc but very difficult!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.