Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, onion, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties, about 1/2-in. thick.
- In a skillet, cook patties over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato.
Nov 18, 2018
Added an egg to help bind the burgers based on the other review. It helped, but the patties still fell apart into a few large pieces. Next time I will chill the patties before cooking.
May 27, 2015
This recipe need something to bind the burgers. They just fell apart, no matter how much I packed them. And, you wouldn't be able to grill these on a grill without them falling all over the place.