German Schnitzel and Potatoes with Gorgonzola Cream Recipe
I lived in Germany for five years and ate a lot of schnitzel. I developed this recipe so it wasn't so time-consuming to make. I get asked for the recipe every time I make it. —Beth Taylor, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Recommended: 15 Recipe Ideas for Oktoberfest
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- Lemon wedges
- Cut tenderloin into 12 slices. Pound with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Place four slices in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Layer with 1/4 cup bread crumbs and a third of the potatoes. Repeat layers twice; top with remaining bread crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine cream, Gorgonzola and salt. Pour over pork mixture; cook on low, covered, until meat and potatoes are tender, 4-6 hours. Sprinkle with parsley; serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as German Schnitzel and Potatoes with Gorgonzola Cream in Taste of Home December 2017