German Potato Patties
These crisp-tender patties from Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah are accented with onion, curry and celery. “I make many German recipes from my mother, including this one,” shares Edie. “The patties make a great side dish for chicken, and also complement breakfast dishes like ham and eggs.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/3 cups finely shredded russet potatoes, squeezed dry
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram or 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 3/4 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Drop potato mixture by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet; press lightly to flatten. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining oil and potato mixture.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 200 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 661mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.