Hash browns make a delectable "crust" in this breakfast-style pizza.—Marsha Benda, Round Rock, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, julienned
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet over low heat, melt butter. Add potatoes, salt and pepper; cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour eggs over the potatoes; sprinkle with ham. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese; cook, uncovered, until melted. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 220 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 191mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as German Pizza in Country Woman March/April 1996