I remember having friends at school bring these fun, marble-sized cookies in their lunchboxes. They're of German origin and taste very good.—N.R. Urie, Pueblo, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, baking soda and cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, cream, corn syrup, honey and extracts. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 145 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.