German Pecan Thins
At Christmastime, it's fun to dig out those special holiday recipes your family loves. My kids would really miss these drizzled, candy-topped cookies if they weren't part of my treat selection.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup red and green milk chocolate M&M's
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in pecans and cornflakes.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. (Dough will spread during baking and cookies will be thin.) Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a large saucepan, combine water and corn syrup; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Drizzle over cookies; top with M&M's. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 123 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.