German Hot Noodle Salad Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- 2. Saute onion in reserved drippings until tender. Stir in the sugar, flour, salt and mustard; add water and vinegar until blended. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- 3. Rinse and drain noodles; add to skillet. Stir in celery and parsley; heat through. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with reserved bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 198 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for German Hot Noodle Salad
"Flavor galore and easy to prepare! This would be a perfect offering in October when Oktoberfest is going on--or ANYtime, for that matter!"
"Very much enjoyed this. I grilled up bratwurst to serve with it and ended up adding it to the salad - it was great!!"