German Farmer’s Breakfast
This casserole can be quickly prepared for a holiday breakfast or weekend brunch.—Mary Lou Welsh, Hinsdale, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 3 large potatoes, peeled, cooked and cubed
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towel. Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings; add potatoes, green pepper, onion, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown. Stir in cheese and bacon; remove mixture to a bowl and set aside. Beat eggs and milk; pour into the same skillet. Cook and stir gently over medium heat until eggs are completely set, about 3-5 minutes. Add the potato mixture; cook and stir gently until heated through.