German Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
“My mom made this recipe all the time for family gatherings,” recalls Jennifer Cannon in Round Rock, Texas. “I was never a cheesecake fan until I tried this one—now I make it for any special occasion or excuse!”
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Transfer 1/3 cup to another bowl; stir in melted chocolate until well blended.
- Spread remaining cream cheese mixture into a 7-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Top with chocolate mixture; cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 274 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007
Dec 19, 2010
I used a 9 inch pan because that was all I had. I think I may double the recipe if I make it again. It tasted good! I added whip cream.
Feb 25, 2010
THIS WAS JUST GREAT, TOOK TO WORK, EVERYONE GOT A THIN SLICE TO TASTE. NOW THEY ALL WANT THE RECIPE