German Chocolate Pecan Truffles
My sister-in-law, Jennifer, loves German chocolate. With her in mind, I experimented in the kitchen and came up with nutty truffles. They make a fun gift packed in a festive box or tin.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted pecans, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream and corn syrup just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; let stand for 5 minutes (do not stir). Whisk chocolate mixture until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup coconut, 1/4 cup pecans, extract and salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining coconut and pecans. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
TO MAKE AHEAD: Truffles can be made up to one week before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Originally published as Lezlies' German Chocolate Truffles in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.