German Chocolate Ice Cream
I found this recipe years ago and have been taking it to ice cream socials ever since. But you won't want to wait for a get-together to enjoy it. The cool combination of chocolate, coconut and pecans is delicious anytime. -Peggy Key, Grant, Alabama
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 quart half-and-half cream
- 8 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add milk and eggs; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon and reaches 160°, about 15 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 2. Fill ice cream freezer cylinder two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Remove ice cream from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
1/2 cup: 162 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 24, 2012
This is very good for a nice dinner for my family and i would very much recomment to make this again
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC