- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) German sweet chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 6 tablespoons cold butter (no substitutes)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, combine cake mix and oats; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup. Stir the egg into remaining oat mixture (mixture will be crumbly). Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Combine filling ingredients; spread over crust. For topping, combine the pecans, brown sugar, oats, butter and reserved oat mixture until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake 15 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until firm before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forGerman Chocolate Caramel Bars
"These bars are yummy! The only thing different I did was after I spread the filling on the crust, I sprinkled on some chocolate chips before adding the topping."
"I made these bars will become a family favorite. easy and not overly sweet."