- 1 package (19 ounces) uncooked bratwurst links
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 quarts water
- 2 bottles (12 ounces each) beer or 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup seafood seasoning
- 5 medium ears sweet corn, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 medium lemon, halved
- 1 pound cod fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Coarsely ground pepper
- Grill bratwurst, covered, over medium heat, turning frequently, until meat is no longer pink, 15-20 minutes. Grill onion, covered, until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes on each side. Cut bratwurst into 2-in. pieces.
- In a stockpot, combine water, beer and seafood seasoning; add corn, potatoes, lemon, bratwurst and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes. Stir in cod; cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, 4-6 minutes. Drain; transfer to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGerman Brat Seafood Boil
"Hi mikenmarg,The recipe is correct, it uses a half cup of seafood seasoning. Keep in mind that it's going into almost 3 quarts of liquid though."
"Sounds terrific, but seriously ... a half cup of Old Bay or something similar?"