Georgia Peach Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-3/4 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, whisk eggs, 1 cup sugar and salt until blended; stir in milk. Cook over low heat until mixture is just thick enough to coat a spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat immediately.
- 2. Quickly transfer to a bowl; place bowl in a pan of ice water. Stir gently and occasionally for 2 minutes. Stir in sweetened condensed milk. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 3. When ready to freeze, in a small bowl, mash peaches with remaining sugar; let stand 30 minutes. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full with custard, stirring in some of the peaches; freeze according to manufacturers' directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
- 4. Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with remaining ice cream mixture and peaches. Yield: 3-3/4 quarts.
1/2 cup: 214 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Georgia Peach Ice Cream
"Delicious! Next time I will mash the peaches up into smaller pieces, closer to a puree. The small/medium sized pieces tend to be too icy for my liking when the ice cream is hard. Thank you for the recipe!"
"sounds very do-able. Gonna try it this weekend."
"I am from Ga and this is just as good as the peach icecream they serve at Lanes Peach Packing Plant in GA."