Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Add the ketchup, vinegar, lemon juice, pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, brown chicken on all sides in remaining oil over medium-high heat. Drain chicken and transfer to a 13x9-in. baking pan. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until juices run clear.
4-1/2 ounce-weight: 503 calories, 29g fat (6g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 1348mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.