Genoa Sandwich Loaf
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + standing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-1/4 cups packed minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- For pesto, in a blender, combine the oil, parsley, basil, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic and nutmeg. Cover and process on high until blended.
- Spread cream cheese over cut sides of bread; spread with pesto. Layer the salami and tomatoes over pesto; sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 464 calories, 31g fat (12g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1315mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 10, 2019
Absolutely delicious! They were a little greasy because of the salami and pesto. I used pre-made pesto that I had leftover. I used an Italian cheese blend instead of just Parmesan. I'll be making these again.
Sep 8, 2011
Love this....and so did all my grown children.
Apr 20, 2010
This is so quick and easy to prepare. My whole family loved it!