Gazpacho Shrimp Appetizer
Served in a footed glass, this refreshing appetizer is pretty enough for a formal dinner. "To change it into a main dish, I combine the ingredients and serve them on a tortilla along with shredded lettuce and sour cream," writes Patricia Clark from Lake Forest, California.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 medium lime, sliced
- Cilantro leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to individual serving glasses. Dollop with sour cream. Garnish with lime slice and cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 156 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Aug 24, 2014
I thought this recipe was pretty bland. I thought it needed salt and some other seasoning. However, my husband loved it and thought it was great. I think there are better recipes out there.