- 4 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups chopped seeded peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced seeded cucumber
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first 13 ingredients. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours. Stir in oil before serving. Serve cold. Yield: 8 servings.
"I made this Gazpacho earlier today and it is very tasty and easy to put together. I added a small, minced Jalapeño pepper from my garden because my husband likes spicy foods. I will definitely be making this throughout the summer as more of our tomatoes and cucumbers ripen. Wonderful way to use the garden bounty!"
"This is the best gazpacho ever. My husband has asked me to keep a pitcher of it in the refrigerator all the time. Coming from him, "mr fussy eater," that says a lot."