Garlicky Peanut Dip
A perfect balance of spices makes this dip addictive. It also perks up stir-fry dishes. —Sadie Buecksler, Ashland, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add sunflower kernels and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the water, peanut butter, brown sugar, soy sauce and spices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until blended. Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons (calculated without vegetables): 146 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Garlicky Peanut Sauce in Taste of Home December/January 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.