Garlicky Kale Recipe
- 3 cups water
- 2 bunches kale, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in kale. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until almost tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the raisins, olives, salt and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in kale; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 88 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Garlicky Kale
"I make this recipe over and over. If my grown kids come by for a visit and there's any leftovers, they eat it up. I use green olives instead of ripe ones. the salty mixes well with the garlic and sweetnes of the raisins. Craisins work well also."
"A delightful combination of flavors--and several immunity-boosting ingredients."