Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 3 cups water
- 2 bunches kale, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in kale. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until almost tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the raisins, olives, salt and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in kale; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 88 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 23, 2015
May 14, 2014
Quick and easy to make, delicious, and great as left-overs!
Apr 8, 2013
I make this recipe over and over. If my grown kids come by for a visit and there's any leftovers, they eat it up. I use green olives instead of ripe ones. the salty mixes well with the garlic and sweetnes of the raisins. Craisins work well also.
Apr 26, 2010
A delightful combination of flavors--and several immunity-boosting ingredients.