- 3 cups water
- 2 bunches kale, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in kale. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until almost tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the raisins, olives, salt and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in kale; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGarlicky Kale
"I make this recipe over and over. If my grown kids come by for a visit and there's any leftovers, they eat it up. I use green olives instead of ripe ones. the salty mixes well with the garlic and sweetnes of the raisins. Craisins work well also."
"A delightful combination of flavors--and several immunity-boosting ingredients."