"We love green beans at our house and enjoy them at least once a week. I'm always experimenting with new ways to fix them," pens Sue Haviland of Lake Mills, Wisconsin. "Garlic cloves and mushrooms lend them delicious flavor in this quick-and-easy dish. I like to steam the beans so they keep most of their nutrients."
Recommended: 25 Fast Spring Veggie Sides
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender. Drain beans; add to skillet. Stir in the salt, onion powder and pepper; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Garlicky Green Beans with Mushrooms in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p52
Reviews forGarlicky Green Beans with Mushrooms
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2010
"I serve this recipe often. I especially like it with fresh haddock."