- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Sprinkle beef with salt. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Serve with pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGarlicky Beef & Tomatoes with Pasta
"I use 1/2 lb. lean ground beef, 1/2 lb. hot Italian sausage. 1 med. yellow onion, diced and 1 - 2 cloves garlic, minced. Cook these together. With the salt, I also add pepper and just a shake of red pepper flakes. Everyone really likes this recipe and many have asked for the recipe. Give it a try and enjoy."
"I make something similar. I add 1/4 c. (or more) of medium jarred salsa and it does the trick."
"Not great. Needs more seasonings."
"I agree it's missing something, needs some kick, added red pepper, but not enough. Could be tasty if someone figured out what it needs."
"There is definitely something missing in here. But, the idea was so good, I made it a couple times trying new things, and I just had the eureka moment I was waiting for. Sausage! I use sausage in place of the ground beef, add some extra beans, and voila! Yummy goodness!"
"I felt like there was something missing in it. I think it would have been better with Italian seasonings added to it."
"LOVED THIS! Was so very easy to put together on a weeknight. The spinach was much better than I thought. Next time I will add some Cavender's seasoning to give it a little extra push. Was really filling and loved the white beans. Will make this one again."
"Needs a few more spices, but a good recipe overall. The spinach worked out much better than I was expecting."