- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic; saute for 1 minute. Add the zucchini; cook for 3 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and mustard. Pour into skillet. Sprinkle with the bacon, salt and pepper. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Cook until eggs are nearly set, about 7 minutes.
- Place skillet under the broiler, 6 in. from the heat, for 30-60 seconds or until the eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Broil 30 seconds longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGarlic Zucchini Frittata
"Be prepared for your taste buds to dance!! Don't let the zucchini scare you from this recipe..You cant even taste it!! This is so wonderful if you are trying to disguise veggies in meals for your little ones. The only change I made was I use cheddar cheese instead of swiss and turkey bacon instead of reg. bacon."