Garlic White Bean Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and wine. In a food processor, combine the oil, lemon juice, beans, parsley, garlic, salt, dill and cayenne; cover and process until smooth. Add bread crumb mixture; process until blended. Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 107 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Sep 9, 2016
Winner, winner. Love the addition of the Wine in this recipe. That really bumped up the delicate taste that these beans normally have. Naturally the lemon juice and garlic helped out. But its the wine that pulls this one together * Can't wait to serve this one to my family.JanieTaste of Home Field Editor Volunteer who really enjoyed testing this one.
Sep 6, 2010
Easy and DELICIOUS! Have made several times and keep the neighbors love it too. Great way to eat my veggies.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.