- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- In a large bowl, combine oil, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Bring to room temperature before serving. Cut bread into 24 slices; toast under broiler until lightly browned. Top with tomato mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forGarlic Tomato Bruschetta
"Nice recipe to cook"
"This is very tasty, vine ripe tomatoes are such a treat. Janet VFE"
"I make bruschetta often, especially with the fresh basil on my patio! I find a tip to follow is to scoop out the insides of the tomatoes(save to add to spag sauce) and turn the tomatoes upside down on paper towel on a cooling rack. Then dice and continue with the other ingredients. I also since the contents sit and marinate, is to place the whole mixture into a colander quickly and get the access off. Again keep that liquid remain to add to your spag sauce! Hope this helps."
"Delicious recipe, will definitely make again! It did get watery at the bottom overnight though."
"This was okay but it had to much bite for me- so I added about a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and a few tablespoons of feta cheese crumbles and let it rest. We loved it! Next time will lighten the olive oil amount and doubt I would miss it."
"Super yummy bruschetta. The only change I made to this recipe was the addition of fresh sliced green onions. I had a bumper crop of them and this was another way of using them."
"Absolutely yummy and so easy too! I brush the sliced baguette lightly with olive oil before toasting for a little more flavor and crispness. This is a favorite recipe that is always a hit whenever I make it for family and friends."
"Very good - I used cilantro instead of basil and added a little chopped onion and a splash of white wine vinegar."
"This bruschetta is fantastic!!!!!! I used fresh tomatoes and didn't seed them and it turned out quite liquidy but we ate it all regardless, everyone who tried it also loved it and I will absolutely make it again and again."