Boxed risotto makes it quick; mushrooms, shallots and cheese make it tasty. Serve the risotto alongside seasoned fish for a healthy weeknight supper in a hurry. —Lynn Moretti, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Recommended: 31 Meals in a Bowl
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (5-1/2 ounces) Parmesan risotto mix
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1-1/2 pounds tilapia fillets
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook risotto according to package directions, adding mushrooms and shallots with the water.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle tilapia with seafood seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. In batches, cook tilapia with garlic until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, about 5 minutes, turning fillets halfway.
- Stir cheese and remaining butter into risotto; remove from heat. Serve with tilapia. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Tilapia with Mushroom Risotto in Simple & Delicious February/March 2017