Garlic Spinach Balls
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Stir in spinach until blended. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 294 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 625mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Nov 2, 2017
Not healthy! I understand the cholestrol review comment. Not that easy to mix or shape into balls. Way, way too greasy/buttery.
Dec 30, 2015
I pretty much follow the recipe as is. Its really very good, and a super way to get fussy eaters to eat spinach!
Dec 22, 2008
make your own dressing
Dec 22, 2008
Use the dry seasoning without the broth flavor packet. Most of those packets are the reason MSG is listed. I use Pepperidge Farm bags.
Aug 25, 2008
I CAN'T HAVE MSG AND EVERYTHING YOU HAVE WITH DRESSING IN IT LIKE STOVE TOP I CAN'T HAVE DUE TO THE MSG, HOW CAN I DO THIS OR OTHERS RECIPES I SEE AND WANT TO MAKE???