- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet over low heat, cook garlic in oil until lightly browned. Remove from the heat; stir in parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Drain spaghetti; place in a large bowl. Add garlic mixture and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGarlic Spaghetti
"My husband asked if he could lick the bowl and give the recipe 6 stars. We did use our homegrown garlic and I used whole wheat dream fields pasta to give this recipe some fiber. Freshly grated parm cheese makes a big difference. I also cut down on oil to decrease some of the fat."
"THe spaghetti tasted great. I didn't follow the quantities exactly because I didn't need 16 oz of spaghetti, but it worked well and my five and three year old enjoyed it."
"Thank you for posting this recipe, I have been looking for one for a long time, thanks again, purplechev"