Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti
Served with a salad and garlic bread toast, this garlic shrimp spaghetti makes a tasty dinner. —June Foote, Spring Hill, Florida
- 1 package (8 ounces) spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water and broth until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute garlic and cayenne in oil until garlic is tender. Stir broth mixture and gradually add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- 3. Reduce heat; add the shrimp, lemon juice, zest and parsley. Cook until heated through, 2-4 minutes. Drain spaghetti. Transfer to a large bowl. Add shrimp mixture; toss to coat.
1-1/2 cups: 320 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 444mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Dec 31, 1969
My husband really like this. Thanks
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC