VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the cornstarch, water and broth until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet, saute garlic and cayenne in oil until tender. Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add shrimp, lemon juice, peel and parsley. Cook for 2-4 minutes or until heated through. Drain spaghetti and place in a large bowl. Add shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti in Country Extra July 2002, p51
Reviews forGarlic Shrimp Spaghetti
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2009
"My husband really like this. Thanks"