Garlic Shrimp & Rice Salad
For this easy-to-make main dish salad, you can prepare the rice mixture and chop the vegetables ahead of time. Cook the shrimp at the last minute, then assemble it all together for a light yet satisfying meal. —Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby arugula or baby spinach
- 1. Toss shrimp with oil, garlic and oregano; let stand 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Transfer rice to a large bowl; cool slightly. For dressing, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, basil and lemon juice.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute shrimp mixture over medium-high heat until shrimp turns pink, 2-3 minutes. Add to rice; stir in celery, parsley and pepper. Add arugula and toss lightly; serve with dressing.
1 serving: 397 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC