Garlic-Shrimp Angel Hair Recipe
"This filling meal is sure to impress," says Robbie Heferkamp. The Englewood, Ohio cook prepares a creamy sauce for broccoli, pasta and seafood.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt 4-1/2 teaspoons butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Stir in the cheese, pesto sauce, 1 tablespoon garlic, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Keep warm over low heat.
- 3. In a large skillet, saute broccoli in remaining butter for 5 minutes. Add shrimp and remaining garlic; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the cream sauce. Drain pasta; add to shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 621 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 258mg cholesterol, 823mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Garlic-Shrimp Angel Hair
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC