- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, saute mushrooms and onion in oil in a large skillet until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the shrimp, broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in the tomatoes, 1/4 cup cheese and butter. Drain pasta; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forGarlic Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta
"I was so excited to make this as I had all ingredients on hand begging to be included for dinner! I also had fresh spinach so I did add that to the recipe. Interestingly enough, I did not have Italian Seasonings but I had every single individual herb and spice to make my own! I found that recipe on this site also! I did add more salt to accentuate all the fresh flavors, I used cherry tomatoes cut in half for their extra flavor and the shrimp I had was already cooked so I had to add that last, with the spinach, just to heat through. I used half a vidalia onion and added a smidge more chicken broth than the recipe because I love sauce! It's a good thing, too, because the noodles soaked up a lot of the juices as I let it sit a few minutes after turning off the heat. When I go to reheat it (I'm a single gal!), I'll add more of the saved chicken broth to liven up the dish again and for more moisture. This was a DELIGHTFUL dish! I agree, it almost tasted like a restaurant's quality! So thank you for this recipe and I'll be back for more!!"
"I made this recipe last night, but I used sun-dried tomatoes instead of plum tomatoes. And I added lemon juice and spinach. It was AWESOME!"
"My family loved it! We'll make this regularly. I used broccoli instead of tomoatoes since I didn't have tomatoes. I added a lot more shrimp, mushrooms, garlic and pepper, and slightly less salt. It was great!"
"This was very good and easy to make. Everyone loved it."