Garlic-Scented Broccoli Florets
This broccoli side with a light garlic scent adds beautiful color and bursts of flavor to any meal. Laura Merkle of Dover, Delaware comments, “With fresh broccoli so full of nutrients and so readily available in the supermarket, it's a great accompaniment to just about any dish.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups water
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place broccoli in ice water; drain.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in oil until lightly browned. Discard garlic. Add broccoli and salt to skillet; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 75 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Pan-Cooked Broccoli in Light & Tasty December/January 2007