- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless beef eye round roast (3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup low-sodium tomato juice
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Rub garlic onto roast, then coat with flour. In a large Dutch oven, brown roast in oil. Add tomato juice, carrots, onions, celery, bay leaves, seasoning blend, thyme and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-1/2 hours, turning meat occasionally. Add potatoes; simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. Remove bay leaf. Remove roast and slice; serve with vegetables and gravy. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forGarlic-Rubbed Yankee Pot Roast
"The recipe was easy and tasted great. It had good flavor, although I added rosemary and parsnips."