Garlic-Rubbed T-Bones with Burgundy Mushrooms Recipe
4.5 2 2
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 garlic cloves, minced or sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 beef T-bone or Porterhouse steaks (3/4 inch thick and 12 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, oil and salt; rub over both sides of steaks. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until almost tender. Stir in wine; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally. Serve over steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic-Rubbed T-Bones with Burgundy Mushrooms in Taste of Home June/July 2012, p23
Reviews forGarlic-Rubbed T-Bones with Burgundy Mushrooms
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review