Garlic-Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
This is one of my favorite ways to fix mashed potatoes. Int fact, I freeze rosemary each summer with this dish in mind. I increased the garlic from the original recipe, and my family hasn't complained a bit. —Kathy Rairigh of Milford, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 6 medium baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 large whole garlic bulb
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 45-55 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, remove papery outer skin from garlic bulb (do not peel or separate cloves); cut top off bulb. Place on a piece of heavy-duty foil; drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Wrap foil around bulb. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl. Cut potatoes in half; scoop out pulp and add to garlic. Discard potato skins. mash potatoes. In a small saucepan, saute rosemary in remaining oil for 2 minutes; add to potato mixture. Add milk and salt; beat until fluffy.