Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Cook: 20 min.
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut the top off garlic bulbs so each clove is exposed. Brush with oil; wrap in foil. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until garlic is very soft. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove garlic from skins; mash and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well. Add milk, butter, rosemary, salt and garlic; mash until light and fluffy.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 224 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 4, 2012
I also make it with cauliflower.
Nov 9, 2010
They were great and so easy to make!
Feb 8, 2010
I did not really like these potatoes. If I make them again I will try chives instead of rosemary.
Nov 28, 2009
These were excellent, I did not have any leftovers from Thanksgiving, however I will only be making them on holidays, there is a lot of prep time to go into them.